Hazard Poncho Villa™ Technical Poncho
Our thoroughly modernized version of the classic military poncho has more in common with technical sport jackets than the old vinyl camping stand-by that usually comes to mind. An industry first, it should reintroduce a generation to the functional benefits that having no sleeves affords. The poncho can be STUFFED into its own FRONT pocket for storage. It even has a vent for drying!
- water-resistant/breathable soft-shell fabric (86% polyester, 14% spandex; liner is 100% polyester)
- 100% waterproof fully-taped seams throughout
- 10,000 mm waterproof rating - rainproof & waterproof for light rain/average snow & light pressure type of conditions.
- generous size to fit over packs/bags/chest-packs
- large front & back fuzzy loop panels for agency i.d.
- fuzzy loop panels on the shoulders & head-back
- ample hood with brim section fits over head-wear
- hood-cinchers for front and back-of-head adjust
- zipper front to chin for full rain-coverage of throat
- large perimeter grommets for hanging as tent/tarp
- side snaps for closing edges in severe weather
Advantages of Poncho vs. Jacket:
- fully covers the torso and most of legs
- fully covers packs, bags and equipment
- allows rain-free access to pockets/bags
- dry equipment or weapon manipulation
- can become a small make-shift tent
- two ponchos combine for a larger tent
- can be used as a seating/work surface
- quick on and off over layered clothing