Thrive: Long-Term Wilderness Survival Guide
Skills, Tips, and Gear for Living on the Land
Take on the toughest survival challenges with the ultimate guide to wilderness living and extended wilderness survival.
With hard-earned advice from survival expert Juan Pablo Quiñonez—a participant in Season 9 of the hit TV survival series ALONE— and combining proven, no-nonsense modern survival skills with bushcraft techniques, step-by-step instructions, and over 400 illustrations, THRIVE shows you how to survive in the boreal wilderness.
Reflecting the latest in survival knowledge and gear and covering topics such as mental resilience and last-resort first aid techniques, THRIVE is the definitive resource for all survivalists, preppers, and outdoor enthusiasts.
From essential hunting and gathering techniques to advanced fire skills and strategies for coping with wilderness hazards, this complete guide includes:
- Preparation: Hard-earned survival wisdom and preparation essentials, such as making a personal survival kit and choosing the right gear
- Long-term shelters: Finding the best location, constructing an appropriate shelter, protecting yourself from the elements, and staying warm
- Food: What to focus your hunting-gathering efforts on, where to find it, and how to prepare it
- Self-sufficiency: Hunting, trapping, fishing, and foraging for subsistence—and surviving alone or as a group for an extended time
- Bushcraft: Knife and axe skills, clay, basketry, knots, cordage, gear recommendations, and improvised tools
- Winter: Traveling on snow and ice, tips for dealing with extreme cold, and clothing recommendations
- Health: Preventing and dealing with the most common health issues in long-term survival
THRIVE is bursting with survival tips, manual skills, foraging essentials, and advice on how to prepare, improvise, and survive in the northern wilderness.
Pages: 489 Pages
Editor: Juan Pablo Quiñonez