Snugpak Antarctic Sleeping Mat- OD Green
In freezing weather, self-inflating, rubber-based mats often crack when rolled, and valves can freeze. The Antarctic mat uses only sleeping bag insulation to prevent heat loss, so no need to worry about anything cracking or freezing. The layer of sleeping bag insulation prevents convective heat loss between your body and the ground. Any perspiration that is wicked away from your sleeping bag will also wick through to the bottom of the mat, leaving your sleeping bag dry.
- Combine Two Antarctic Mats: By combining two mats using the hook and loop fasteners around the edges, you can create an emergency sleeping bag or a double layered sleeping mat.
- Can be used under the tent floor, directly on the ground to protect the tent floor from the brush and stones
- The Antarctic mat is very adaptable. You can fold or squash it into different configurations like in a hammock or a tight floor space.
- Use as a Poncho or extra insulation: With the hook and loop fasteners along the edges so you can use it as a poncho on your shoulders, or even wrap it around your body for some extra insulation when sitting down. It can even be used as a simple Hammock under blanket!
- Dimensions: 73" x 28" x 1"
- Pack size: 13" x 6"
- Weight: 20oz