SAS Tactical Compact Survival Bow | Pondage: 55# Right Handed Draw
Arrows and accessories not included - bow only*
Made in the USA, the SAS Tactical Survival Bow has been designed by experienced engineers who have designed it to withstand many decades of use. It is capable of fitting into a small survival bag AND is able to protect your arrows from damage. They store inside the riser.
The bow employs a novel compact folding system design which allows for a quick conversion from folded storage mode to a weapons-ready state. Note: requires reversal of one limb during assembly; no tools required. Please see our videos. With arrow speeds topping 200fps this is the perfect silent weapon for where firearms and more bulky bows cannot be used or easily carried.
Converting from left to right hand by simply swapping the bow between hands and the fact that no special tools are required for operation and maintenance, makes this bow easy to use when shared between multiple archers or unit members. The bow comes with a camo carry case that can be worn as a bow backpack, but converts into a quiver for both left and right handed archers. Look no further than the SAS Tactical Survival Bow when looking for the perfect all-round silent tactical or bug-out bag weapon for smaller packs.
- Made in the USA
- Bow type - Modern Longbow
- Storage - Able to store 3 full takedown arrows inside the riser
- Draw weight - 40, 45, 50 and 55 pounds at 28 inch draw (Note: New archers should err on the side of caution and choose lower poundage bows - 55# bows are definitely not recommended for new archers.)
- Maximum draw length - 31 inches
- Bow Length - 60 inches (strung), 21 (inches folded/stored)
- Brace Height - 7-8 inches recommended depending on your draw length
- Arrows speed - Up to 200 ft/s for 50 pound version and up to 210 ft/s for 55 pound version
- String compatibility - B50 Dacron 16 strand endless loop only
- Backpack/storage bag - Camo carry case (pattern may vary from photo shown) with adjustable straps and fully closing storage compartment for string and other accessories.
- Strung bow weight - 1kg (2.2 pounds)
- Requires reversal of one limb during assembly using a hand tightened retaining pin and screw. That's the secret to how we got such a long bow down to only 21".
- The Tactical Survival Bow makes use of the finest US and Aerospace materials.
- Riser and limb holding brackets - Aerospace Grade T6 Aluminum (a premium grade even when compared to aircraft grade T6 aluminum). The material also receives a special surface treatment prior to anodizing in order to make the surface non-reflective. This same surface treatment also allows for a better surface for paint adhesion should you the customer want to employ a camo paint system to the product.
- Limbs - Made in the USA from the same high quality composite material that is used by nearly all of the big names in the compound bow industry. Our limbs are cut using precision waterjet technology and painted directly at the supplier in order that we can receive a consistent, quality product from the industry's best.
- Hardware - The retaining pin is made of marine grade 316 stainless steel that has been specially chemically treated in order to allow for a black surface treatment to prevent glare. Our supplier is a military vendor who perfected this process over the past decades to ensure a consistent quality finish.
- The retaining pin screw is made of a durable black nylon that prevents the screw from coming loose and also reduces overall weight of the bow. This is not a load bearing screw and therefore a design improvement over previous metal versions. The screw was changed to nylon due to some customers reporting vibration issues with the metal screws.
- Limb securing bolts - The limb securing bolts are made from a high tension steel which offers a high degree of safety to ensure compliance in the field and only requires a light oil from time to time.
- We hope you enjoy the product and trust that it will give you many years of trusted service in the field.
What you get:
- SAS Tactical Survival Bow in your choice of draw weight
- Camo Carry Case, Backpack and Quiver (pattern and color may vary from photo)
- 16 Strand B50 Dacron Endless loop 60" String
- 1 x Fred Bear All Weather arrow rest to initial chosen handedness (spares and RH/LH options sold separately)
- 1 x brass nock set with black inner (inside the string bag)
- 2 x riser end caps (must be removed when shooting)
- 1 x Velcro security strap
- 1 x owners manual
- A 12 month original owner's warranty as per our warranty conditions (Bow only)
- Arrows are NOT included, but may shown in photos or Youtube videos for demonstration only.
Please note that we do not accept returns for bows that have been strung up. Should you wish to return your bow for whatever reason after receiving it you must not attempt to string the bow. The bow has special indicator marks which tell us if the bow has been strung and could pose a potential risk to another customer. This is how we ensure that our customers remain safe should a returned bow have been dry-fired without our knowledge. Therefore please ensure you intend to keep the bow once you string it for the first time.