Outdoor Survival Canada ATKA Jacket -40° Celcius (Waterproof, Coyote trim)
ATKA Jacket -40° Celcius (Goose down, Waterproof, Coyote trim)
One of the Warmest most rugged coats in the world, nothing will keep you alive like an OSC Jacket!
One of OSC’s signature styles, The Atka is the ideal combination of style and function whether you are braving the streets of NYC or working in the Yukon.
- Model is wearing size S.
- Back Length 36 inches/91 cm.
- Size XS – 2XL. 3XL and 4XL only available in Orca Black and Cold Lake Blue.
- Entrax – Waterproof/Windproof/Stain Resistant Outer Shell (Critical seams are sealed)
- Entrax 800 – Moisture Wicking and Breathable Lining
- 650 Loft Power Premium Down
- Removable Hood and Removable Coyote Fur Trim
- Machine Washable
- Temperature Rating of -40°C/°F
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
- Smart Collar – a flexi wire sewn into the top of the collar enabling custom shaping
- Quadruple Button Snap System – signature substantial hardware for reinforced hood security
- Grosgrain Velcro Protection System – ribbon covering front flap Velcro, preventing snagging of textiles and materials
- Durability Printed Cuff Trim – OSC protective seal for durability and strength around cuff
- Snowbelt – for added warmth and security when required
- Heavy-duty YKK Zippers
- Backpack Straps – inner heavy duty shoulder straps for portability
- Inner Cuffs – warms hands and seals out wind penetration
- Stuff Pocket – large interior mesh pocket for storing items and accessories
Content: Goose & duck down blend
Loft Power: 650
All OSC and OSC Cross lightweight jackets and parkas are filled with a high-level proprietary blend of goose and duck down in accordance with North American standards. The down goes through a sanitizing process of being treated with an antibacterial agent to ensure the highest quality insulation is used in your garment.
The fill power (or Loft Power) is the measure of the "lofts". The down clusters and small feathers work to insulate by lofting up and trapping air which then reflects your body heat back onto you to keep you warm. It is important to note that the measure of the quality of a garment is not restricted to LP, but to other factors including fabrication and construction of the garment.
What is down fill?
Down is a high-performance, natural by-product from duck and geese, and is well-known for its favorable warmth-to-weight insulation. Unlike feathers, down is the soft layer of fine filament clusters between the stiffer, exterior feathers of water fowl. The down fill of this garment is comprised of a proprietary blend of white goose and duck down, with a fill power of 650. As a down-filled product, this garment does not contain large feathers and not only adheres to, but exceeds the Canadian Standards for down-fill products.
Entrax® 800 Outer Shell: Proprietary Tuff + Durable nylon fabrication with a membrane to achieve waterproof, windproof, and breathable standards
Entrax® 800 Lining: Proprietary moisture wicking polyester lining that is fused with a membrane at the back of the fabric making it moisture wicking and breathable
Solar 800 Lining: Solar 800 technology further enhances the warmth-trapping capabilities for maximum protection against the cold.
C45 Legacy: Outer Shell fabric made of soft and durable cotton and nylon that offers wind and water resistant attributes. C45 Legacy Fabric is not waterproof.
C22 Chill: Outer Shell fabric woven with a 85 poly/15 cotton mix of yarns. Finished with a waterproof coating to ensure protective attributes that include wind and stain resistance.
Outback: Outer Shell fabric woven with a 85 poly/15 cotton mix of yarns. Finished with a “wax-like” coating which also make the fabric wind, water and stain resistant. This fabric will attract “crease” marks which add to the charm and natural aged look of the garment.
Patinak: Outer shell fabric with wind and water resistant properties finished with a lustrous matte shine. This unique fabric has “self-aging” abilities with time and wear to eventually give it a distressed leather look