LANSKY DELUXE Sharpening set- 5 Guide Rods
A Sharp Knife is a Useful Knife
The USA made Lansky system is perfect for outdoor sporting, kitchen or workshop knives, and Lansky offers the widest range of accessories available. In production for over 35 years, the Lansky Sharpening System has been the preferred sharpening system for DIY and cutlery enthusiasts worldwide.
Angle constancy is the most critical and the most elusive element of hand sharpening - and the Lansky Controlled-Angle System ensures that your knife edge sharpens to the exact bevel you specify. Designed to give your blade a professional, razor sharp edge every time, regardless of your sharpening ability. Excellent for beginners and advanced users alike. The original and legendary Controlled-Angle System is the ultimate in Knife Sharpening technology.
Usage of the system:
From the kitchen, to the shop, to the field - it does it all
The knife clamp included in the system holds the knife steady, and holds the angle guide static and firm, so that the user can achieve the desired angle with every stroke of the sharpener. The coarse to Ultra-Fine hones provide the proper grit for complete edge care and maintenance.
- Extra Coarse Black Hone: (70 grit) for re-profiling the bevel grind
- Coarse Red Hone: (120 grit) for edge reconditioning
- Medium Green Hone: (280 grit) for sharpening and less frequent touch-ups
- Fine Blue Hone: (600 grit) for most frequent touch-ups to keep your blade paper-slicing sharp
- Ultra-Fine Ceramic Yellow Hone: (1000 grit) for polishing the edge for a razor sharp edge
- Honing Oil: Specially Formulated for sharpening
- Easy to use, multi-angle clamp: to hold the blade securely
- Guide Rods: One for every hone
The Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening Systems allow the user to select the sharpening angles that are best suited for their knife's intended use. The four sharpening angles and their uses are listed below:
- 17° Angle - A severe angle recommended for razor blades, fillet knives or similar tools. An extremely sharp but delicate edge.
- 20° Angle - A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and slicing knives.
- 25° Angle - The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
- 30° Angle - An outstanding angle for knives that cut cardboard, rope or carpets. Recommended for heavy duty use.
By purchasing from CT Reloading you acknowledge that you: Are at least 18 years of age. Are not in violation of any law or code set forth in the locale in which you reside by possessing items obtained from Ct Reloading Understand that we are not responsible for any misuse of items purchased from Ct Reloading and further understand that all items should only be used legally and for its intended purpose. Have read and agree to our store policies Thank you for doing business with Ct Reloading You can buy with confidence as all of the items we sell are authentic products from their respective manufacturers. All of our products come with the same warranty as if you were to buy that item from the manufacturer directly.