Harvest Right Oil Filter
Filter is not dishwasher safe. Filter should only be used for vacuum pump oil.
- Remove cartridge packaging, grip the top of cartridge and place into cartridge holder.
- Firmly press in cartridge until it makes a firm seal.
OPTIONAL: The dial on lid can be set and used as a general reminder of the month you last filtered your oil.
Oil Filtration Directions:
- Open the oil reservoir drain valve and allow oil to drain into your oil filter. Assure all of the oil comes out by lifting the rear of the vacuum pump slightly.
- Wait for the oil to filter through your filtration system.
- A small amount of water accumulates in the oil as part of each batch. When the oil is filtered, the water and oil will separate. The water will sink to the bottom of the bottle while the oil floats on top of the water.
- Remove the water from the oil by pouring o the oil and discarding the water. Do not pour the water back into the vacuum pump. This will ultimately damage the pump.
- Pour the filtered (or new) oil into your vacuum pump.
- Oil is void of debris or particulates
- Oil is not milky or chalky
- Oil has clarity (the color may be yellow or amber and still have clarity)
- Your vacuum pump is achieving a pressure (mTorr) suitable for freeze drying
- Oil won’t drain through filter (this can happen over time as debris builds up)
- Oil isn’t cleaning well (i.e. The oil continues to be milky or full of debris)
- Replace the cartridge or order a new cartridge replacement set from Harvest Right.
- Cartridges should be replaced after approximately 15-20 uses, or sooner, depending on the quality of the oil.
*One free oil filter is included with the shipment of each freeze dryer.