Edible and Medicinal Plants of The Rockies
Throughout human history, plants have provided us with food, clothing, medicine and shelter. The Rocky Mountains are home to a diversity of plant species that have helped native peoples and settlers survive through the centuries.
EDIBLE AND MEDICINAL PLANTS OF THE ROCKIES describes 333 common trees, shrubs, flowers, ferns, mosses and lichens that have been used by people from ancient times to the present.
This comprehensive guide contains:
- More than 700 color photographs and illustrations.
- An introduction explaining the use of wild plants, including gathering, preparing and cooking.
- Food, medicinal and other uses for each species * Clear descriptions of the plants and where to find them.
- Warnings about plant allergies, poisons and digestive upsets
- A special section at the end detailing 46 of the more common poisonous plants in the Rockies region.