Edible and Medicinal Plants of Canada
Lone Pine- New Edition- FULLY COLORIZED
The most concise and easy to use wild edible guides for north america!
by Andy MacKinnon
Throughout human history plants have provided us with food, clothing, medicine and shelter. Canada is a huge country with diverse habitats that are home to an incredible diversity of plant species that have helped native peoples and early settlers survive through the centuries. This book describes nearly 600 common trees, shrubs, flowers, ferns, mosses and lichens that have been used by people from ancient times to the present. More than 800 colour photographs and illustrations.
"Canada is home to a vast diversity of plants that have helped nourish and heal our people for thousands of years.
- First Nations uses of plant species
- gathering and preparing wild plants for a variety of uses
- historic European uses of plant species
- plants for everything from clothing to shelter
- the fundamentals of survival-food and medicines
- clear descriptions of the plants and where to find them
- warnings about plant allergies, poisons and digestive upsets"
-Excerpt taken from back cover