Adler Short SPLITTING hatchet
A packable wood splitter!
The Short Splitter is designed to allow for maximum splitting power. The substantial head weight combined with a shorter handle enables the user to split even the most stubborn wood and logs. This tool is designed to be used with both hands in order to grip it properly and allow for force to be applied optimally. The “wings” on the side of the axe head are designed to separate the wood effectively so that it will not be brought back up when the user is pulling the axe up for the next strike. This item is delivered with a leather sheath which is made in Spain.
- Head weight: 2.7 Lbs
- Total weight: 4 Lbs
- Handle length: 19.6”
- Head mount: wood and round metal wedge
- Handle type: US sourced hickory, ergonomic curved shape
- Handle colors: Black (anti-slip) and red
- Sheath: Heavy duty leather with robust buttons (Made in Spain)
- Steel type: C45
- Rockwell hardness of head: 47-55 hrc